This month it’s our turn to feature our home renovation we did this past fall & winter with the help of our Renovation Contractor.
– So where do they stay?… We can’t possibly plunk down an air mattress in the middle of our storage room and call it a day.
– Our idea – Let’s take some of our old and dated spaces that were piled up with “Stuff” we collected over the 20 years of living here and change it into a comfortable Guest Suite.
– Once the clean up and purge took place, we had a clean slate to start designing and dreaming of what our space could be transformed into.
The renovations began, moving walls around and creating new spaces that turned into bright and inviting rooms for all to enjoy.
– The storage room would make a comfortable cove for a bed and sitting area.
– We made bedding suitable for all ages and tastes to enjoy. We selected flooring that is easy to clean and maintain.
– Tamara helped choose artwork that reflects our country living.
– We collected pieces from around our house and relocated them, and reupholstered chair for a fresh new decor.
– Our old bar and wine making area could become the perfect “Kitchenette” for our guests.
– Jamie and I had fun picking the perfect back splashes with unique tiles.
– We had our kitchen renovators add a new countertop to the new kitchenette layout, and we sourced accessories to make our guests smile.
– The old “Indoor Out House” bathroom that Jamie created years ago had had it’s time, and Jamie was ready to give it up for a refreshed space for our guests.
– The old Laundry Room was always in need of a well-deserved facelift.
Enjoying our new space:
– Now that the renovations are complete, Jamie and I will sit in the guest space and marvel at the transformation and all the hard work it was letting go of things we never used anyways.
– The reactions of our family who live close by? They can’t believe the transformation: Open – Spacious – Bright – Uncluttered. They want to come for a weekend too and stay here…lol, I guess they will have to put in a reservation.
– Spending time with family you love, it’s that the most important thing!
– Creating moments and events in our lives that we will cherish for years to come? Celebrating life now while we still can?
Words from Wilma:
– What about your space? Is there a room or area of your home that has been taken over by the “Storage Monster”?
Let’s help you turn it into an inviting space for your guests and be free of the clutter that it once took up.